Thursday, July 10, 2014

Workout Mania

I am always trying a new work out. Any of my friends know if there is a new exercise class in town I want to try it. Now whether or not I stick with it is the question. My next couple of posts are going to be about my favorite workout classes! 



Pure Barre, it's a mix of ballet moves along with small isolated movements to target specific muscles. It's 55 minutes of nonstop moving. The class doesn't use a lot of accessories, just a ball, either a tube or resistance band, and weights (the most is a 5 lb). You wear grip socks so you don't slid on the carpet. The class always starts with a warm up, then moves into planks, and from there you move to legs/butt/thighs. The workouts usually vary depending on the teacher and on the muscle group you are targeting. Most of the leg/butt/thigh workouts are done at the ballet barre. The 2nd 1/2 of the class is spent on the floor with a variation of ab and back stretches then you are done. The motto is lift.tone.burn and let me tell you all of the above happen! I did Pure Barre for several months before my wedding and could definitely tell a big difference in the muscle tone of my arms and butt. Make sure to check out Purebarre.com to find your local studio and if you don't have a studio near by you can always purchase the dvds!




No comments:

Post a Comment

© Southern Fried Fashion. Powered by