Monday, July 14, 2014

Sculpt


I have been a member at the Y since I was really young. I actually was a lifeguard at the YMCA in high school. I love everything about the Y from classes, to the pool, to the wide variety of machines, and the friendly staff. I usually go to the Green Hills YMCA where yet again the staff is always super friendly and helpful. My favorite class is sculpt (aka death by Missy.) The description on the website says "A class packed full of a variety of different strength training exercises using weights, barbells, tubes, bands , resistance balls and even your own body weight." 

The normal class items are a step, 2 sets of weights light/heavy (I use a 5lb and 8lb), and a mat for floor work. This class is an hour long of intense squats, steps, abs, and weights. I have never left a class feeling cheated nor have I ever left a class not feeling sore. I look forward to Mondays with Missy because I know I am going to get my butt kicked and get stronger. She is very good about pushing you but without yelling and intense screaming. And let's not even begin to talk about the shape she is in, that's enough motivation to continue to show up. If you live in the Nashville area and are a member at the Y make sure to look up any class Missy teaches and be ready to sweat!


No comments:

Post a Comment

© Southern Fried Fashion. Powered by