Monday, March 11, 2013


Crafts with the Changs!

I love doing random crafts whether it's making a wreath, adding a little something extra to a picture frame, or taking apart old jewelry and redoing it. However when I got married I never in my wildest dreams imagined I would also marry someone who loves "crafts." And I put "crafts" in quotes because it's more like AMAZING woodwork. 

A few weeks after Ryan and I got married he decided he wanted to build us a nesting table to go in our redecorated living room. I didn't really think much of it until I saw the final result..



It's awesome right?!

Well it didn't stop there for him. We have been redecorating many of the rooms since I moved in because they were too "boy" for me. I decided that I want a craft room to be able to put my skills to use too. Here are 2 new additions to my craft room:


 I don't have a lot of things on the table nor have I found a chair I love but I did take my sewing machine out of the box. Taking it out of the box was a BIG step considering I have had it since Christmas 2009 and never used it. I am planning to learn to sew and want to make curtains, blankets, hem pants and all kinds of things!

                                  On the opposing wall from my new craft table is this piece:

I have to say this is my favorite piece Ryan made. It's amazing and looks so much like anything you would see at Pottery Barn or Ballard Design. He is so unbelievable talented and I cannot describe how proud of him I am for all of his work! 


While we are on the subject of crafts here are 2 wreaths that I recently made. One for a friends baby shower, and the other has been on our door since January. I'm in process of making a new Easter wreath and will post that too!


This wreath was made from burlap, gingham ribbon, fake flowers, a stuffy elephant, and paci!


This is our winter wreath, really simple but has been so cute for the time being. All of these crafts to say Ryan and I are thinking about creating an Etsy page and selling customized pieces. I'll put the wreaths under my "crafts" page with prices. Once we make a final decision about selling our crafts I'll let you all know!

Hope you all have a great week =)


-Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Southern Fried Fashion. Powered by