Wednesday, August 13, 2014

No Shop August FAIL!


I must preface my No Shop August  fail by saying I lasted A LOT longer than I thought I would. And just because I bought this 1 item does not mean I am going to continue to shop. This was my 1 cheat item. Needless to say I did purchase this jacket from Piperlime because I had a 30% off coupon that was expiring and if I didn't get it yesterday I was going to lose that coupon. I mean not that Piperlime doesn't do coupons all the time but I needed to buy that. 

And this jacket brings me to my next statement regarding a "capsule" wardrobe. A friend (thank you Christy) recently told me about this blog called un-fancy. Caroline is amazing! Her whole thing is "less is more." If you read her blog you'll read about her desire to simplify her life. She, like me, realized she needed to let go of some items in her life and be a little lighter and a little happier. No shop August for me has been not only to prove that I don't have to always buy clothes that I don't need, but also to put my time and energy that I spent looking at clothing websites and shopping elsewhere. I get so wrapped up in the next big purchase or the new coolest designer and sometimes it's better to just take a step back and be content with what you have (knowing we are all SO BLESSED with what we have) So take a look at Caroline and her 30 items she uses to mix and match each season. The Piperlime jacket is definitely going to be a staple for me for fall. It will be perfect for work over a dress or a date night out with jeans. Remember Aimee "less is more!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Southern Fried Fashion. Powered by