Monday, June 9, 2014

Make up Favorites



A few months ago I posted on facebook asking for suggestions for new make up to try. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions! During the past 2 months I have tried SO MANY and I repeat SO MANY different foundations and powders but yet came back to the good ole faithful Bare Minerals. This time I decided to use the pressed powder and thanks to a friends blog The Gloss Guide (which is so cute and a MUST READ) I learned about a new CC cream that I've been using under my powder. Here are my favorite make up items!

Bare Minerals Ready Foundation- this is a great pressed powder that goes on super smooth and not powdery at all. I wear R250 which is equivalent to the medium beige in the loose powder. I put this on with the precision face brush. Also right now you can get 20% off plus free shipping with the code WELOVEYOU on the website.

Nars Bronzing Powder in Laguna- I've just discovered this bronzer and it by far trumps my normal go to Benefit Hoola. Don't let the dark color scar you it doesn't go on anywhere near that dark. It's perfect for every skin tone and has just the right about of shimmer yet not too much. It's a little bit pricier but well worth every penny and lasts forever! I recommend putting it on with this brush. 

Bare Minerals Ready Blush Aphrodisiac- It came out a lot pinker in the picture than it is in real life, so definitely check it out in person. This blush was compared to Nars but is $8 cheaper which isn't a ton but it's just as good so might as well save money right? This is a perfect pinkish color and yet again goes great with every skin type. You can also use the Sephora collection #73 brush to apply this to

Lumene Time Freeze CC cream- Like I said above I just learned about this here on the Gloss Guide. I have always used a regular moisturizer under my make up but since I've found this it's my new replacement. You can also use this CC cream without any powder and just apply bronzer. I'm wearing the medium color right now and it matches pretty well. It was also just on sale at CVS for $7.99 so it's worth trying right?! I have been putting this on with my hands. I mainly use it on my nose and cheeks under the Bare Minerals powder. 

Benefit Fake Up Concealer- love love love this concealer. I cannot say enough good things about it. It looks like a chapstick tube with color in in the middle. It has vitamin E and apple seed extract to hide dark circles. I put this on under my eyes let it dry for a minute them blend it in. It comes in 3 shades, I use light in the winter but not and transitioning into the medium color.

Smashbox Jet Set Eyeliner- this waterproof eye liner stays on forever! It doesn't smudge or smear once it dries and you can create a ton of different looks with an angled brush like this one. It goes on really smooth and is easy to apply which is a plus. I usually don't wear eye liner on the week days, just because I don't really care to for work so this isn't a normal part of my daily routine. But I def recommend this.

Mac Naked Lunch and Shale- these are my 2 favorite colors of eye shadow. I won't wear MAC face makeup but their eye shadows are the best! They stay on so well and are great colors. I have worn Naked Lunch for years it's the perfect base color it's very neutral with a hint of pink. Shale is a newer color I've added and it's kind of grey-ish so it's a perfect crease color.

Bare Minerals Prime Time Lightening- this is great to wear alone or put under your eye shadows. This really makes your eye shadow last much longer than if you were to wear them without it. It's a neutral goldish color with a hint of sparkle. And yet again you can use WELOVEYOU to get 20% off and free shipping.

Bare Minerals Lash Domination- my new favorite mascara. I still always have go to L'Oreal on hand but this mascara really does add a lot of length and volume. The brush head has twisted bristles and goes on each individual lash without clumping.

Tarte Eye Lash Curler- I have always used a cheap eye lash curler until I was introduced to this one from Tarte last year. Their mascara is only so so but this lash curler is the best! Make sure to put one coat of mascara on and let it dry FULLY before curling your lashes. I have heard so many horror stories of girls pulling out their eye lashes while curling them!




No comments:

Post a Comment

© Southern Fried Fashion. Powered by